Friday, July 15, 2011

Nothing Special, Just Something Special

Earlier this week (it would have been "today", but we had an outbreak of malware that prevented blogging for a little while) I picked Lady Ru'etha up from work, as I have been of late and we had a little breakfast together and snuggles. Then we went downstairs and She climbed into bed, and I sat down at the foot of the bed. She sort of settled Herself in, and I proceeded to rub Her feet gently, steadily, and soothingly.

She chatted sleepily with me for a few moments, and then She closed Her eyes and let Her head sink onto the pillow, and I just kept on very happily petting Her feet and legs. And after a little while, I heard soft, gentle breathing slowly turning into very light, very adorable snores and I knew that She had fallen asleep, feeling my love and my touch all the while. And only then did I get up, (attempt to) blog, and get ready for work.

The moment didn't give me any great insights to share with ya's, but it was so sweet I felt like I had to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment