Friday, December 16, 2011

Four turn-offs

I'm going to cheat a bit and copy off my classmates.
  1. From Lyinar: "Stupidity. i don't mean simple ignorance here (i.e., someone just not knowing something). i mean willfully refusing to learn. i mean not wanting to learn."
    A long time ago in a cubicle farm far away, a coworker on a long phone call put her caller on hold and started screaming for help with her computer. I was between calls so I went over. The screen was blank except for a WindowsNT logo that, from time to time, jumped around the screen. I poked the mouse, and her desktop returned. Yeah. Screen saver. She hadn't thought to try anything; something was unusual and therefore it was crisis time.

    When it comes to play, I'm okay with temporary suppression of thought; automatic mindless obedience can be sexy. But the idea is to switch off, not dumb down. Bimbo, himbo, jock, anything relating to a reduction in intelligence... yuck.

  2. From Jukebox: "Scat play, watersports, and similar. Visceral, automatic ick."
    All of the above, and add in pretty much anything gooey, sticky or slimy. I'm more open to whipped cream than I was five years ago, but Jell-O is a hard limit. No, really, keep that shit away from me. You can have all mine, just don't eat it in front of me.

  3. From Lyinar again: "Smoking. Not as big as the others, or as absolute, but someone who smokes would have to have a LOT of other redeeming qualities to make up for it in my eyes."
    I'm not sure if it's possible for any set of redeeming qualities to outweigh smoking for me. In the past when I've browsed other hypnodommes' catalogues, if they even offer a smoking fetish recording, even if it's just one of many things they do, I move on.

    ...And then there's the exception. There was (past tense!) a short time when Ichihara YĆ«ko smoking her kiseru pipe damn near made me want to take it up myself, and I looked into what non-tobacco things I could smoke instead... and I've been told that with my lungs, SMOKE WILL KILL ME. Quicker than it will kill most people, I mean.

    Actually, let's just expand this one out to substance abuse in general. After seeing some very desperate people in the park, I think I'm pretty much cured of ever finding addictive drugs sexy. Mind control drug? I'm fine with that. Addicted to Her Voice? Hey, right on. Submission through getting hooked on smack? Hell no.

  4. Race related criteria. Whether it's "I am only interested in X" or "I can't stand X," if you select your partners by race, select someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment