Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Care of a Domme

Lady Ru'etha has been mildly ill the last few days--not anything that actually required a hospital stay, thank goodness, but She was flat on her back for a couple of days and needed care. This, too, is part of my service to Her; I had to balance it with my job, of course, because they don't really approve of giving you sick time because your sweetie is ill, but it was deeply important to me to help any way I could as part of my devotion to Her.

Honestly, ministering to Lady Ru'etha when She's ill is a lot like pampering Her when She's well, only to a greater degree and with even more tenderness. She needed food that wouldn't make Her stomach upset, so I made special trips to the grocery store for chicken noodle soup (and later on, when She felt a little better, chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. I did say it was a lot like pampering Her when She was well, didn't I?)

When She was lying in bed, I read to Her the same way I did when She was well, only this time for therapeutic purposes. I scritched Her back because the endorphins helped with the nausea and cramps; when She slept, I curled up with Her because I'm a natural bed-warmer and She was having chills. These are all things I do for Her when She's healthy, but they feel slightly different doing them for Her when She's sick.

She didn't respond the same way She does when She's healthy, of course. She was deeply grateful, but She wasn't able to muster up the energy to express it in a "Domme-y" sort of way. But you know what? That's kind of a wonderful part of having a D/s lifestyle instead of a D/s play relationship. You find that your respect and devotion to your top isn't reliant on what She can give you in return; it's a part of the love you share, and it's there always. It's special, and it's worth experiencing.

Even so, I'm glad She's feeling better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment