Monday, August 22, 2011

When She's Gone

Lady Ru'etha is out of town this week, visiting some of Her other pets, so I'm kind of "on my own". In some ways, this is nothing new for us; for the first eight years or so of our relationship, we were in separate states, and so the long-distance thing is nothing new to either of us. (And I never forget how lucky I am to have Her close to me as much as I do; not everyone is able to see Her in person as much as I do, and I never begrudge them one second of the time She spends traveling to visit them. I only wish there was a way we could get everyone close enough to not feel that ache of knowing the person you love is so far away. But I have not yet won the lottery, and science is still no closer to inventing a practical teleporter, so we're stuck with what we have.)

The practical upshot of it all is that this isn't a "sniffle, I miss my Goddess" post, because I try to keep perspective on that, but it is a post about how things change when She's not here. Naturally, it means that I "batch it" to a certain extent...in general, while I don't go whole hog on that because we do have other people in the house even when She's gone, let's just say that pizza and video games feature a little more than cuddling and foot rubs while She's not here. :) I do make sure that my usual tasks are done, because She assigns things to me that are important and good for me, and Her care for me is here even when She is not.

The "sleeping alone" thing is less of a deal than it was, since She's started working nights and we both wind up in bed by ourselves unless one of us takes a mid-day/midnight nap; but when She's gone, it's a little bit more important to me to play Voice so that I can fall asleep listening to Her speak. Voice has always been a central part of Her relationship with all Her pets, a living and loving reminder of Her presence in our lives, and hearing it always helps me sleep so beautifully. (Ooh, that's a good idea for a "theme week". Everyone talks about Voice and what it means to them!)

She will be back on Thursday, and then it'll be just a couple of days before Copper comes up and spends some welcome time here with us. He's a good friend, and one of the many who are always welcome here.

No comments:

Post a Comment