Saturday, June 4, 2011

What Lady Ru'etha and I Did Last Night

We looked at furniture!

No, wait, come back, this is really a post about D/s, I promise!

See, one of the things that Lady Ru'etha has been looking forward to, for quite some time now, is the chance to buy a small round table that She can use as Her altar. (Not to Herself, or anything. She's pagan, and this is part of Her religious studies.) We'd had our eye on a nice little table, but we were waiting until the time was right to get it. This Friday looked like just the right time...except that I was scheduled to work overtime until after the furniture store had closed.

But I had made a promise to Her that we were going to get that table no later than Friday. It was a promise made by me, in my official capacity as lover and pet to Lady Ru'etha, and I don't take those things lightly. (And not just because She owns me, either.) So I spent my lunch hour on Friday driving out to the furniture store to pick up a lovely little round table...

...which was sold out. "Sorry," they said. "We had a couple in stock a few months ago, but they were one-of-a-kind items and they're gone." This was officially Crushing News. After all, I'd promised a table, and I was not going to be able to deliver. The rest of the day passed in a haze of misery (okay, that's hyperbole. It passed in a haze of misery, chit-chat with my co-workers, hard work, and the occasional giggle at Diana Wynne Jones' "The Tough Guide To Fantasyland".) And finally I came home and broke the news to Lady Ru'etha.

Who took it in stride. After all, it was just a table. (I tend to forget that She's actually a very sweet, easygoing person when I have trouble doing things for Her.) But nonetheless, when I suggested we go look around at other furniture stores, She jumped at the chance. We spent the next couple of hours pricing tables at different places, and finally took home a very nice white table that She will happily decorate. So I managed to serve Her after all, She got Her table on Friday, and we did it together!

I love a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment