Sunday, May 29, 2011

Driving as Service

It's a minor thing, something that someone who wasn't attuned to the...unique...aspects of my relationship to Lady Ru'etha wouldn't even notice. But I drive Her just about everywhere whenever we're in the same physical space. I'm not the only person on this blog to perform that service, of course; anyone reading our various accounts of NEEHU2 will no doubt spot the subtle thread of driving winding its way through the narrative.

The reasons for this are sometimes boring and mundane (Goddess' knees ache after long stints of driving, She's still fairly new to the area and sometimes I know the way better than She does) but even this morning, when She was driving a short route that She knew perfectly well, and even when it would be more convenient for Her to drive Herself so She would have the car all day, I still felt slightly strange not driving Her there and then driving Her back. It makes me feel good, knowing that I'm getting my Goddess to someplace She needs to be, allowing Her to slough off the stress of navigating and handling traffic so She can focus on whatever it is She needs to do at my destination. It makes me happy when She reaches over and massages the back of my neck while I drive, an unspoken connection that shows Her ownership of me without needing to say anything. It makes even a very ordinary, common experience into something extraordinary, because it's an act of service to Her.

Which is just one of the things that's so wonderful about being in a D/s relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment