Thursday, November 17, 2011

7 Things That Cross Your Mind A Lot

1. Fragments of dialogue, generally disconnected from any plot.
2. Memories, particularly memories of past shame or embarrassment. I have a freaky strong memory for those things, and the part of my mind that hates me likes to pull up a slide show when it thinks I'm too cheerful.
3. Little post-coital gestures or talk. Sex is in the moment and flow and memories don't form as easily then.
4. Mindfulness exercises. That helps a lot with 2.
5. Todo lists and organizational strategies. I've written two project management apps, and I'm always engaged with that.
6. What other people are wearing on the Subway. Particularly those on the way to a time traveller convention.
7.  Whatever I'm reading at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment