Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Four Turn-Offs

Don't get me wrong, I do try to think of myself as GGG, but yes, I'll admit to squicks just like the rest of us. Nobody is into everybody's kink. Here are a few of the ones I'm not into.

1. Play that feels like it could be self-destructive. Breath control, knife play, gun play...pretty much anything that feels like either there is the real potential for self-harm (like breath play, which cannot be made safe...which is, I'm aware, a controversial statement in the kink community, but it is nonetheless true...) Or kink that feels like some of the erotic charge comes from pretending it's not safe when it is (like knife play, which is perfectly safe when done with care, but which does rely a lot on the feeling of powerlessness you get when someone is holding a knife to your body and you can't stop them.) I think it's because when I first found myself drifting towards kinky sex, I wondered exactly where it would stop...and self-harm was kind of my hard limit. And ever since, I've evaluated things in terms of that.

2. Scat play, watersports, and similar. Visceral, automatic ick. We can move on now.

3. Humiliation/degradation play. I play with people I love, and I play with people that love me. I do not have the world's greatest self-esteem even after a decade of unconditional love from a wonderful woman, and I got plenty of humiliation and degradation in junior high and I never got turned on by it even once, thankyouverymuch. I have no interest in it, either giving or receiving, and I generally don't even do public play unless it's in a very very safe space because it skirts that.

4. I suppose this last one would be a catchall for incest, pedophilia, rape, and similar "I know there are people into it and I do not judge anyone based on their sexual fantasies because they are exactly that, just fantasies, but I can't even get into them as fantasies and nobody should be into them in real life" type scenarios. (You can feel free to add your own ideas for what would fit into this category. If you suspect it would land here, you're probably right.)

No comments:

Post a Comment