Sunday, October 16, 2011

6 Things I wish I'd never done

This is a particularly difficult post for me to write. I don't see things as things I shouldn't have done. More often than not, I see them as lessons learned; things that have helped me grow. That doesn't mean there are lessons I didn't really want to have learned the way I learned them though.

1. I wish I'd never met someone and given him the time that I gave him. He didn't deserve my time and I didn't deserve the pain he gave me. I lost my ease to trust because of him (being what it was prior to my meeting him that is).

2. I wish I hadn't been stupid enough to remove my seat belt and not put my car in park before I reached out to had my neighbor money that time. That was a difficult lesson that I should not have had to learn. Sometimes I'm not as smart as I like to pretend.

3. I wish I had never gone to that party I was invited to by my co-workers that time. I should have followed my gut instinct.

4. I wish I had never went out to meet that  person that one time. Another time when my gut instinct proved to be right and I didn't listen.

5. I wish I had not slacked off in high school and actually done my work in those classes.

6. I wish I had not waited to turn in my letter to that apartment complex when I decided I would be moving out. It was another lesson on learning when not to trust others.

No comments:

Post a Comment