Tuesday, October 4, 2011

8 Ways to Win My Heart

I've been thinking about this one since I wrote last week. It's more difficult than I though it would be to write seeing as how this isn't something I usually contemplate.

1. Don't push me. And I'm not talking about physically pushing (because sometimes that can be fun... ;) ) but pushing by telling me I "HAVE" to do something or that I "NEED" to do something. Let me make the decision on my own, but be there for me when I ask for advice on whatever topic is that I'm trying to make a decision on.

2. On a similar note as above, when I've made my mind up about a decision, support me. Support me even if you don't agree with it. I'm stubborn and hardheaded. Sometimes the only way I learn is by falling flat on my face. What will prove to me that you love me/care about me is by not standing in my way, but standing at my side and helping me back up when I do fall down.

3. Touch me. Be sexual with me. In my mind, someone not wanting to touch me, be close to me, snuggle me or be sexual in some fashion means they don't care for me. I know this is a skewed way of thinking, but there you have it.

4. Reaffirmation. Don't stop telling me you love me. Don't stop telling me you want to be around me, care about me, etc. If I don't hear it said, I can sometimes forget that it's true. It's silly but that whole "out of sight, out of mind" thing is all too true with me.

5. Play games with me. Video games, board games, card games, bedroom games. I LOVE playing games. I'm not so much on competition. I love playing games with others who aren't concerned so much about who wins but having fun with each other. It's about interacting with each other.

6. Open the doors for me. In some respects I am very much a girly girl and I love being treated like a girl. I may not always act like a lady, but having someone open the door for me and do other things to treat me like a lady always makes me feel special.

7. Read what I write and tell me what you think of it. And I don't just mean as in "I like it." Tell me what you liked best, or perhaps gently let me know how I can improve. Showing to me that you've read what I've written means you pay attention and you really want to get to know me better.

8. Cook for me. It doesn't have to be anything super incredibly difficult. Sometimes an excellent grilled cheese sandwich with a bowl of tomato soup (with some garlic powder and parmesan cheese ;) ) can be a wonderful thing. And it tastes just that much better when I know it's been made with me in mind.

1 comment:

  1. "The Map of Marie" Would be an excellent title. Hopefully I'm doing the things I can here :)

    ReplyDelete