Sunday, October 23, 2011

Five people who mean a lot to me (in no order whatsoever)

This one is a bit difficult for me as by only listing five people, I'm leaving so many others out and I don't like that. But in some ways, this post gives me a chance to give recognition to people in my life that I may not give enough recognition for the things they've done that have helped me or because they're special to me and may not realize it. Some of the people on this list probably won't be able to see this list. Maybe I can show them someday.

Sleepykitten- You're one of my girlfriends and that means you are super special in and of itself. I love you dearly and I only want to see you succeed and be happy. I love to hear about your "adventures" ;) and I love to hear about everything in your life because I'm not able to be a part of the day-to-day bits, even though I'd truly love to be. You are amazing and wonderful and simply just awesome. We may not get the chance to connect nearly enough, but always remember that I am thinking of you. The picture that pops up with my login screen on my computer is of a kitten and every time I see it, I think of you.

Lyinar- You are my WoW companion. You help keep me linked into something that while I'm happy I don't play it anymore, I sincerely miss it. You give me someone that I can rant with about everything to do with it and you understand what I mean when I say things like OMGWTFMAJORGNOMEBBQ. I loved the miniature you painted for me and I love seeing all the miniatures you've created before and since. I enjoy seeing the excitement in you when you talk about something you truly enjoy. Please know that I think about you even when you may not realize it and I can't wait to see you reunited with M'Lady for more than just a visit.

Hypnobunny- I met you at NEEHU earlier this year and have kept in frequent contact with you since then. I know that hypnobunny isn't your nickname but it's how you were introduced to me and so that's how I'll refer to you here because it's so very accurate, although I think our last discussion made you into a hypnobearbunny which is just so freaking cute it still makes my brain asplode every time I think about it. I owe you big time for the trip that is about to be made and I don't think there's any way possible I could repay you for it. I will do my best though. I look forward to seeing what the future holds in store for our relationship and I can't wait to see you again.

My 7th grade literature teacher- You taught me about poetry. You opened the door for a creative subject that I didn't know before then I would love so much. In doing this, you have helped me to express myself in ways that I would otherwise not have been able to utilize. I've kept in touch with you throughout the years and you have been my mentor in some ways, even though you may never realize it. You accepted me at a time when no others did. There is no way I can tell you just how much that means to me. You were a light in a time when I was surrounded by utter blackness and helped me to keep moving when I would have otherwise halted and curled up within myself. You helped me stand up for myself in ways that would not be shown for years to come. I hope I've made you proud over the years.

Mini-me- How could I not include you in this list? Out of everyone that could have been mentioned, you will never know just how much you mean to me. I love you with all my heart and I want you to have nothing but the best. You will have the mother I never had, even if I'm not the best, and you will know you are loved. You will have opportunities I did not and now matter how tough times may be, I will ALWAYS be there for you. I am so happy that you are in my life. Never did I imagine that I would be this happy with you here. There are times when I'm frustrated by something you do or you may do something that upsets me, but never ever ever will I regret having had you. I realize how lucky I am to have you and I thank the stars every day for you.

As I said above, there are so many others I could add to this list. Maybe I'll occasionally do this list again, with new people included so that eventually some day everyone can be on the list. That'll take a long time. LOL

1 comment:

  1. That's the great thing about friends, and being a parent. You never are expected to be perfect, just you. That's always good enough *hugs* :)

    ReplyDelete