Sunday, October 2, 2011

9 Things About Me

These are by no means the nine most important things about me, they're just nine things. ;)
  1. I am not a martial artist. I really liked iaido when I did it, but that was years ago.
  2. I am an infrastructure-heavy guy. When infrastructure fails -- power, communciations, water, roads, whatever -- I get really upset. Not just angry, but shaken.
  3. I eat tofu. Eating tofu does not make me a vegetarian! Tofu is just one of the many protein-y options I eat because I enjoy, along with chicken, beef, red-fleshed fish (like salmon), eggs, and sometimes beans.
  4. I take vacations with purpose. My vacations involve going somewhere to DO something, like visiting friends and family or going to a convention. Going to Mexico for a week of sun/sand/surf doesn't interest me much when I could go fly rockets with my daughter instead.
  5. When someone says that it's a good thing I have no sense of smell because I don't have to smell such-and-such stinky thing, it takes effort to not feel hurt. Nobody ever says that to blind or deaf people.
  6. When people tell me I am a geek as if it were an insult, I'm not hurt AT ALL. Damn right, I'm a geek! I like being a geek! I wish everyone could enjoy how cool the world is.
  7. I have been a fantasy roleplaying gamer for 15 years... and I still haven't read Tolkien.
  8. I don't own an iron. The last time I wanted to iron and fold a dress shirt, I was in a hotel room... and I watched how-to videos on my laptop first.
  9. Because of the practice I was doing at the time, I feel I was a better driver in 2004 than I am now. (Or maybe I only felt that way because I was in my early 20's back then, and therefore invincible!)

1 comment:

  1. The difference between nerds and geeks? Geeks get things DONE! YAY YOU!

    ReplyDelete